Digicomp Academy AG
1. Present a cutting edge strategic perspective to sustainable development (SD) in projects, based on recent cutting edge practice based research
2. Unveil complexity of SD in the corporate and project context
3. Introduce SD in projects as strategic process of alignment and emergence
4. Explore application of framework for integrating SD at the project, program and portfolio levels
1. Introduction-Project SD Integration Challenge. The status of holistic SD mainstreaming in corporations and relationship to projects. Need for integration between corporate SD aims and projects. The SD strategic nexus-robust SD integration in projects
2. Sustainable, Sustainability, Sustainable Development---A holistic systems concept. Definitions and terminology. Macro and micro perspectives. Content and process. Values orientation. System actors and social construction of SD.
3. Consideration of a framework for holistic SD strategy integration in project, programs and portfolios. A contextualization, transformative and change management process. Six concepts for understanding formation of project SD strategy in relation to corporate strategy. Importance of project and program structure. Role of project, program and portfolio managers.
4. Complexity of SD in corporate context. Operationalizing the SD system concept. Corporate SD as management paradigm for innovation. Corporate SD strategies, underlying perspectives and corporate SD identity. Translating macro SD issue to micro context. Multiplicity of terminology, definitions and practice. SD strategy principles. Business versus holistic SD case. Strategic stakeholder management.
5. Project in the corporate context and SD system. Project as social system and temporary organization. Relationship to corporate SD. Compatibility of projects and SD concept. Projects as executor of corporate strategy through alignment and shaper of corporate strategy through emergence. Project as SD actor with SD identity in multi-and pluralistic stakeholder environment. Corporate and project SD alignment issues. Project autonomy. Importance of strategic sensemaking and plausibility in the project context. Need for cooperation, learning, adaptation and transformation.
6. Reflections. discussion on application of the model in corporate environment of participants, involving small group discussions and presentations and report out to the group
Who should attend
Project, Program, Portfolio managers, Project team members, Project sponsors, Steering Committee members
This training is part of the Program Management Conference 2014. If you register for the afternoon session, you will get 20 CHF discount on entrance fee.
Lynn A. Keeys, MA, PhD, PMP, is an International Consultant in Strategy and Project Management, Academic Researcher and Author. She has extensive experience in international cooperation and sustainable development programs, specializing in programme and project strategy, design and planning, project & strategy facilitation, and organizational project management. She has headed project and program offices for a major bilateral international development assistance agency and consulted on projects and programs in various sectors with bilateral and international donors and organizations. Her special interest is relationship between organizational strategy and projects, especially emergent strategy in multi stakeholder environments. She has presented and published research at practitioner and academic conferences such as International Project Management Association (IPMA) Global Congress, Project Management Institute Research and Education Conference, Happy Projects!Conference, and Annual Meeting of the Sustainability Management Section of the German Academic Association for Business Research. She is the lead author on a book chapter, which lays out her early work on the development of an innovative approach and framework to projects and sustainable development strategy. She is in the process of sharing the latest results of this practice based research through publications and presentations.
Event Language English
Professional Development Units 4
Event Fee for Members of PMI Switzerland Chapter and Partner Associations Discounted Admission: CHF 200.00
• Cash at the door
Event Fee for the General Public General Admission: CHF 200.00
• Cash at the door
Event Organizer : Saša Lazarević, PMP.